Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Milwaukee Art Musuem - Writing Inspiration

I visited The Milwaukee Art Museum for the umpteenth time to see the new Summer of China exhibit, which I could not photograph. The exhibit wasn't what I expected, but it was interesting. Only three museums in the world received permission by China to host it.

I enjoyed much more wandering around my old favorites. The Milwaukee Art Museum is located on the lakefront and includes this remarkable building, now a landmark, designed by the famous Spanish architect, Santiago Calatrava. The Calatrava building has adjustable fins, making for an interesting variety of designs depending on how windy it is on the lakeshore.

The inside of the building is as spectacular a piece of art as the vast collection the museum displays. It is a joy to photograph and makes a wonderful story setting. I snapped these shots, though they were setting up for a dinner/reception. The building can be rented for weddings and other events.


















I also photographed some of my favorite pieces, which struck me as funny, since I lived in Milwaukee for 30 years and never bothered to photograph any of them. I guess I always took for granted I could go visit them any time I wanted. Perhaps, they'll be your writing muse for today. I hope so.

As always, happy writing and happy reading to all!













No comments: