Monday, July 25, 2011

Blog Pet Peeves

My pet peeves have sharp pointy fangs, wear steel toes, and carry shotguns. Be warned.

I've been tooling around new blogs looking for quality posts to read in the past week, but some of them have been so annoying, I'd rather poke out my eyes and eardrums with a rusty nail.

My Blog Pet Peeves

1) People who use webspeak excessively.

2) People who use annoying sound effects/songs with no option to turn them off.

3) Blogs that look like a rainbow threw up on them. Choose a few MATCHING colors and stick with it.

4) People who whine in post after post about how horrible their life is. Everybody has shit to deal with. We don't need yours too.

5) People who write about books they read and only post: I liked it. That doesn't help me much.

6) People who don't know about the use of white space on the Internet.

7) People who can't tell the difference between "their" and "they're".

Thus concludes my pet peeve segment. I will now put them back in their cage for the remainder of the day because they're quite nippy now. I think they need to be fed.  I have some leftover pinky mouse from snakelet's feeding in the freezer. Perhaps, they would like that for lunch. Bleick!

What are some of your blog pet peeves? We all have them.

As always, happy reading and happy writing to all!

2 comments:

Li said...

I think the only peeve I have is negativity. Once in a while is OK, even great - we're a supportive community. We all need to vent once in a while. But as you say, I've run across some blogs which are 75% -100% personal misery or noxious rants about everything. I run the other way.

Nora B. Peevy said...

Li, I know! I am very sympathetic to people going through tragedies and trials, but there are some who have to post every little bad thing that happens to them on the net or rant on other people. I just don't have the energy to respond to things like that or even want to.