Friday, July 8, 2011

Blame the Plague of Zombies on the Unagi!

Warning: Do not eat a unagi rice bowl from Whole Foods Market late at night! I had a killer dream, no pun intended. I've been indulging in a little reality television in the morning after my Jillian Michaels Shred routines and I think my writer's imagination imploded last night. I am a fan of Tabatha Coffey from Tabatha's Salon Takeover because she's a smart, no-nonsense, successful businesswoman. The "bossy Aussie" as she is nicknamed, lived up to her reputation last night in my dreams.

Tabatha Coffey invaded dreamtime last night and became the "bossy" coordinator of a zombie dance video while Jillian Michaels encouraged them to workout harder. I've been letting a new story idea marinate, while working on finishing a few others. This is something I do frequently. I mull over an idea until all the juicy details are fleshed out. If a story doesn't flow like water when I write, I move on to the next idea and shelve the previous to return to later. My story inspiration this time came from a popular cell phone commercial, which will remain nameless, since I'm not a fan of cell phones. Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of a mob of zombies showing up somewhere unexpected in public and creating a spectacle.

Meh! A zombie dance video coordinated by Jillian Michaels and directed by Tabatha Coffey is not how I envisioned my story going, but who knows? Maybe, it will work for someone else. I can only conclude that I need to watch less T.V. or stop working out, and only one of those would really be better for me. Instead, I'm blaming it on the unagi, which I think I'll shy away from for a bit -- have to ward off the possibility of encountering a mob of zombies dancing in the streets. Admittedly, that might be the most exciting thing to happen to me since I discovered mold/mildew growing in my air conditioning system this week in my apartment.

A girl has to live vicariously sometime. And if I had a mob of zombies, I would probably sic them on my rude neighbors who don't pick up after their dogs, leave garbage on people's doorsteps, and are working towards their third Olympic medal for excessive drinking and fighting at dark-thirty in the morning. One can only wish for a hoard of hungry zombies!

What would you do with a hoard of hungry zombies at your disposal? Hmm... I feel another story coming on.

As always, happy writing and happy reading to all!

No comments: