Saturday, September 10, 2011

Old Town - Albuquerque, New Mexico II

As promised, here is the second edition of Old Town photos in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sharing these with everyone makes me want to be back there. I can see the Native American vendors in front of storefronts with their wares on display and hear the music playing in the town gazebo for special performances. The wood of the buildings has an ancient smell to it you cannot describe. You have to be there. And the food! My, the food! Tiny hole-in-the-wall-around-the- corner Mexican Ma and Pop places. And there's a homemade candy store, The Candy Lady, with the most fantastic selection of candy. If I could move Old Town, the mesas, the better air quality, and the mountains to Dallas, Texas, I would be in heaven.

Check back later this week for the third and final edition of Old Town photos.










3 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Some great pics here Nora. Would love to visit New Mexico sometime. Stay well and thanks for sharing as always, Shah. X

shah wharton said...

Please stop by today to pick up your award! Yep - I rewarded your fab blog so come and pick it up.

Shah. X

Nora B. Peevy said...

Glad you enjoyed. I was offline until this morning. I picked up my award and responded. Thanks!