Monday, January 3, 2011

Bringing in the New Year

After much prompting, pleading, and repeated jabbing with sharp, pointy objects while being held hostage in a dark closet with no water or books, I have wisely decided to enter the wonderful world of blogging. 

You may be wondering about my title:  The Demon Stole My Pencil.  Well, it's simple, really.  I purchased my writing muse at a used store online and She's not very good at giving me ideas that haven't been served, reheated, and then frozen as leftovers for later consumption.  So, I found myself having to come up with something catchy that hadn't been snatched up already by the online writing gods.  This is what I came up with late at night while normal people were sleeping and I was up reading and daydreaming of an acceptance into The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror #22 this year.

In the past, I had blogged mainly about my wild zoo at home, which includes a few different lizard species, some cats, and other beasties with claws and shells, but this blog is different.  This blog is for you, the reader, to follow my journey online through the hairy, hell hound world of publishing.  You may even get inside my head and find out what makes me tick.  So grab onto my shirttails and off we go!  It's a wild and bumpy ride.  Please don't feed any animals along the way.  They might bite or offer you three wishes if you just come with them into this really, really, dark deserted alley.  That's never a good thing.

Instead, you can check back here for all the updates on my site, what I'm reading, what's going on in the life of a non-native Texan transplanted from the Midwest, and find out what's inspiring my writing at the moment or almost anything else you want to know that I can share before my keepers lock me up in my cell for the night.

Happy musings ...

And to the other writers out there, may you have a productive 2011!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some writing to do and I think I heard my muse calling me.  I shut Her up in a dark, cramped drawer of my writing desk for stealing my wallet at lunchtime and now She claims She has something important to tell me.  We'll see how that works out.