Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Writer's Day Off - Photo Essay

On Thursday, my husband and I took the '66 mustang on the road to Gun Barrel, Texas to visit our friends, Steve and Paul. (The proverbial foot shot on the dashboard has been a standing inside joke for the past two years. It seems I have a habit of doing this without realizing it. LOL) Steve and Paul own a beautiful country property, complete with a goose pond and an artist studio. Steve is an artist and a magician. He and Paul collect an eclectic mixture of antiques and art, create their own pieces, garden, and rescue an assortment of wild and domestic animals on their property. You never know what you will find waiting for you at Steve Anderson's house. With my new camera in hand and hobbling around the property, I managed to score a few pics, though not as many as I, the crazy photo nut, you have come to know and love, would normally. Here's what I saw on my day off.












2 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Lovely shots of some cute faces and colourful feathers. Loved the butterfly one mixing up the focus. Hope you're feeling a bit better lately Nora. X

Erin O'Riordan said...

Beautiful birds.

I saw on the Anderson Cooper show the other day that Danny DeVito also has a habit of photographing his bare foot wherever he goes, and then sharing the photos on Twitter. He calls it, "Troll Foot." Without realizing it, you've been doing Troll Foot!