Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Letter to My Readers

Dear Readers,

First, let me start by saying this is NOT a farewell letter and The Demon Stole My Pencil WILL be continuing. In the past month or so, I've been back and forth to the hospital dealing with some serious health issues resulting from my broken foot and a blood clot in my leg that broke off and went into my lungs. On my doctor's advice, I have been on strict bed rest and moved out of my two-story home into a ranch home. There've been a lot of changes for me lately.

While in hospital, I had a lot of time to evaluate my life in between the blood vamp visits (the constant blood drawing wore on me) and all the tests and doctors and a nice long, drug induced nap. LOL There were only two things I really thought about: my family and my writing. Everything else in my life I was pretty much okay with, but I figured I still had a lot of stories in me and I wanted to see them in print. I also wanted to see my family again. Thankfully, it looks like both of those things are possible, since I survived my ordeal. I have a long recovery ahead of me at home, but I'm still here, baby!

I hope you'll keep reading and join me tomorrow for my letter to librarians, in honor of National Library Week.

Thank you to everyone who has been checking on me.

I am still in need of some guest bloggers to fill in as I'm mending, so if anyone's interested, please contact me.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Demon Writer,

Nora

3 comments:

Lindsey Beth Goddard said...

What a great outlook! Write away, honey!

Shah Wharton said...

Great to hear from you. Crikey - you really have had the sit hit the fan, so to speak. But you do have an inspiring attitude to it all and I can see it will drag you threw to the other end, no matter how much more... well, shit, is thrown at you. Although I'm a fond believer in shit comes in 3 scoops - I'd say your cone is full :) XX

Li said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm busy as a one-armed paperhanger with the A to Z Challenge, but I'll check back in May in case you still want/need guest posts :-)