Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Do You Still Play?

 

I do. I find it therapeutic. There are so many stressors since the coronavirus lockdown of 2020. I find it essential as a writer to have other outlets. It lets my mind relax and ideas flow. Sometimes there are no words for the feelings I have at the moment, but they come to me when I use my hands. 

Since early 2021, I have picked up two new art mediums; I am working on guerilla chalk art and also the Kindness Rocks campaign. I've painted over 400 hundred rocks and guerillaed a few parks, used my driveway as a canvas, and drawn outside of places where friends live. It's been a lifesaver. It helps me to have another creative outlet to feel less isolated and keep me sane. 

I hope this post finds you healthy mentally and physically. The pandemic has altered our world forever. We are living in a time of cultural, social, and media whiplash. Sometimes I tune out for my own sanity. I'd like to share some pictures of my artwork with you. I hope it brings you joy. It does for me. You can find more of my chalk work online. Please share your own work in the comments. It brightens my day.









No comments: