Thursday, February 23, 2012

Time for Some Truth

I've been feeling pretty much like this picture, ticked off and hungry for my next meal, which in the  past two weeks has been liquid or not very exciting. I've been battling with some health complications due to the illness that I refuse to own, fibromyalgia. However, it's enjoyed an extended vacation in my writer's body since 2005 when I was first diagnosed. Before 2005, I was pretty healthy. I wrote whenever I wanted, was at the gym 7 days a week, suffered from more than a few sports injuries, but I healed. I went out dancing after a good gym workout and then the next day could get up and go hiking and clean house without batting an eyelash. Now I'm lucky to get up and get in some writing time.

I'm not sharing this with you for sympathy, though well wishes are always nice. *grins* I'm sharing to explain my absence lately on my own blog, but I'm hoping that my writing stands on its own. I want to be seen for whom I am, not a label a doctor has given me.

In the past two weeks, I've had a few trips back and forth to the ER, my doctor, testing facilities, and undergone anesthesia and a pretty unpleasant procedure that left me fasting for 24 hours before.
(You do NOT want to be around me when I can't eat. It's horrible! Just ask my husband.) I've been having some complications with colitis related to the fibromyalgia. It's a nasty autoimmune disease that causes your colon to have ulcers, which your body tries to heal by making things worse. I had a cancer scare this time, but pulled through that one, but am now looking at more serious treatment, including possible I.V. infusions to get my colon under control and avoid having it removed.

So what does this mean for my writing? Well, it's made me VERY determined to beat this thing so I can get back to the production levels I was at in 2008-2010 before a string of nasty health complications marched into my life and moved in as the monster under my bed. I'm going to get better and write like THE demon from hell. It's the only thing I can focus on right now. So wish me luck! And check back for another post. My blog is not going die and neither am I. *grins* But if I did, I think I would do some ghost writing. *collective groan* Bad joke, I know, but I couldn't resist in respect to the levity of my subject today!

Happy writing and good health to all!

No comments: